Practical lessons are rehearsal of practical skills.
- Teaching begins with manoeuvre on a Closed Area track, then it continues with driving on ordinary roads, and it ends with manoeuvre on Slippery Area Track. The procedure is organised is such order because it allows you to constantly rehearse and move from lighter to more difficult exercises.
- By constantly repeating the exercise your driving skills become crystallised and strengthened.
Practical teaching requirements:
According to Danish Traffic Law the students are obliged to have at least 24 compulsory driving lessons (45 min per lesson).
- 4 lessons on Closed Area Track
- 16 lessons on roads
- 4 lessons on slippery area
Closed Area Track
- Getting familiar with: service equipment, set the mirrors, how to adjust the seat, turning of engine, elaborating on car pedals, gearbox etc.
- Starting and stopping without engine turning off
- 8 digits driving: learn how to operate steering wheel with correct hand position
- Driving forward and backwards: students learn how to drive forward and backwards and how to judge car’s length and width.
- Reversing while turning: students learn how to steer the car while running backwards.
- Driving forward and backwards in slalom: students learn how to coordinate speed and steering.
- Parking at the roadside: students learn how to judge cars width while parking next to the curb.
- Driving in second gear and the right turn: students learn to shift to second gear and making sharp swings.
- Turning: students learn how to turn the car around using U-turn and 3-point turn.
- Parking in bays: students learn how to park in parking bays and rehears parallel parking.
Lessons on the road
During lessons on the road you are able to learn general behaviour in traffic and apply theoretical knowledge in practice: traffic signs, speed limitations, driving on small roads, driving on express roads, driving on highways, driving in build up areas and outside of the build up areas, driving in daily light as well as driving in dark etc. During each driving lessons the instructor sits next to you and it is equipped by additional set of pedals.
Slippery Area Track
During the lessons on slippery area you will learn how to quickly and correctly react in critical situations. The lessons include a theoretical analysis of forces affecting the car while driving, directions and explanations of various manoeuvre, and practical performance on dry and slippery road.
- Braking and avoidance
- The front and rear car skidding
- Driving on high edge