Rules for examination
- Test is consisted of 25 slides (pictures) showing different traffic situations.
- Each slide includes general question which is followed up by 2-4 multiple choice answers.
- Test is passed if the applicant answers at least 20 slides (pictures) correctly.
- Theory test is booked by school.
- Theory test is in English – no need for translator.
Theory test takes place at one of the police premises, usually at Toftegaards Plads, Valby.
Examination is also offered in other police premises around Copenhagen area – Helsingør, Frederikssund, Køge, Roskilde, Holbæk and Slagelse.
- If you are first time beginner then you must remember to bring application of license, lesson plan, yellow card, passport and residence permit.
- If you are doing license exchange you must bring application of license, yellow card, passport res. permit and any previously issued driving license.
- It is recommended that students arrive at theory test in good time (at least 30 min. prior)
- f you are late or if you lack some of the documents you will be rejected form the examination.
Theory examination with digital platform
Police has developed a new digital system for theory examination. The overall objective is to modernise and digitalise to support improvements in road safety by improving the quality of theory test (form, content and implementation).
The test must be taken in special rooms that are purposely equipped with number of test terminals (computers). Once applicant police examiner records arrival, and test terminal (computer) is immediately assigned. After this the examination can start. The applicant can complete the test – typically consisting of 25 questions with up to 4 possible answers – in his own pace within 25 minutes.
The applicant is able to follow the questions on screen. All the questions and answers are shown as text and images. The text on the screen is heard through headphones. After the applicant has completed theory test the supervisor who will provide results.
Is there a difference between the paper based and digital theory test?
Throughout testing phase the theory test will be based on the same theory test series used at all the other examination locations. When digital system is fully implemented at all the examination locations, the current standard theory test series will be superseded by the theory test based on random selection of questions.
- The main benefit of the digital theory test is that you can easily correct all the questions. You will also have opportunity to hear and see text on computer.
- Time is considered to be main downside. If the applicant has too much time to answer questions there is a great risk of applicant going through the questions where the answers were doubtful and re-correct the answers again. In practise, the experience have shown that the in most cases the first given answer to doubtful question is most likely to be correct one.
– Attend extra theory classes and take number of practice test in driving school or at home.
– Do not re-do same practice tests right after each other. You remember mistakes.
– Once you constantly make 1 – 2 mistake while practicing then you are ready for theory exam.
Theory examination with digital platform is only available for Danish speaking students.