Ring til os + 45 53 38 45 33
The steering, in general must function easily, safely and quickly.
The steering must be self-righting, which mens that the steering wheel should be able to turn from side to side without any resistance or dissonance.
“Free play” on the steering wheel:
Free play is the piece that steering wheel moves without wheels following. Newer cars do not have free play in their steering system because they are equipped with the power steering fluid (a liquid that makes it easier to turn the steering wheel around).
How to control the free play?
1) Start the engine.
2) Adjust wheels into straight position.
3) Roll the window down and get out of the car.
4) Steer from side to side and see if the wheels immediately follow the movement of the steering wheel.
How to control power steering liquid?
a) Liquid level should follow the manufacturers’ instructions.
b) The liquid level must be between minimum and maximum.
c) If the liquid is lacking then it is shown on the dash bord as well.
– Must be equipped with 2-circuit hydraulic braking system (works with fluid pressure) and shall work properly on all 4 wheels, and it should slow car safe and effective at all speeds.
– Brake pedal must have a non-slippery surface.
– Brake pedal must be firm.
– Brake pedal must have app. 1cm of free play.
– The brake pedal can only be pressed half-way down towards the bottom.
– The brake pedal should not sink under constant pressure.
Vacuum break amplifier:
– Pump the brake pedal 3-4 times with the engine off and keep the pressure.
– Start the engine, and if the pedal sinks then it means that the vacuum amplifier works.
– Brake fluid level should be between minimum and maximum mark.
Parking brake (handbrake)
Must be mechanical and function on at least 2 wheels.
The emergency brake:
Must be able to brake the car safely if the footbreak stops working.
– The engine must not produce unnecessary smoke and noise.
– The engine must not be obscured by leaking oil.
– Engine oil must be filled between the minimum and maximum mark or according to the book instructions.
– Exhausting system must be close and stuck with braces and straps (airtight)
– Exhausting systems must be fitted with silencers, should not be broken or have any holes.
– Coolant must be filled between the minimum and maximum mark.
– Windscreen washer fluid should be filled in sufficient quantity.
All the lights in front must have same color (white/yellow) and same power. All lights must be whole and clean, and all lights must be bright. The pears must be set correctly.
2 position lights: must be seen from 300 m distance.
2 low beams lights: must light the road at least 30 m in front without blinding the oncoming traffic. They fall 1 cm per meter (1%) and be asymmetrical to the right.
2 high beams: must light to road at least 100 m (blue lamp is turned on at dashboard).
2 back lights: must be seen from 300 m. distance.
3 stop lights: must be 3.5 stronger then the back lights and they must be seen in the strong sunlight.
Number plate lights: should be seen from 20 m. distance.
Indicators: must flash yellow light that clearly can be seen in strong sunlight. The hazard indicator signal shall be able to turn on all lamps simultaneously.
Horn: must have a clear and constant tone.
Reflexes: 2 pieces shall be red and may not have a triangle shape.
– Tires and rims must be undamaged.
– Tires must be of the same type on all wheels (summer / winter)
– Tires must have at least 1.6 mm depth in the main pattern (tread) on all wheels.
– Tire pressure should be according to the manufacturer’s instructions (available in car manual)
– Studded tires may be used from 1 November – 15 April.
Press sharply over the car’s shock absorber. The car must immediately fall to natural position (shall not be bouncing).